Izumi Takanashi is the second sister in the Takanashi family, and is 28 years old. She has a sickly appearance from staying in her room all day, everyday in fact. She refuses to use technology and writes with nothing but fountain pens. Thus, it can be seen why her face and clothing are covered in ink. She writes romance novels for a living.
Although writing is her dream job, Izumi often despairs from writer's block and impending deadlines. She is often covered in ink and her room is generally very messy and full of books. She does not leave her room often, locking herself in, and loves to wear black. Izumi does not pay much attention to her appearance and usually has messy hair and wears no makeup.
Because she has weak constitution, she frequently having to rely on others to take care of her. If she carries anything heavier than a pen, she gets muscle aches after three days. She does not do any household chores, which would make her aches worse even when trying to clean her own room. She is taken care of by Souta daily and knows that too. She can not travel far and relies on taxis as a major mode of transportation.
- She is a good cook according to her mother.
- Souta takes care of her.
- She is afraid that if Souta gets a girlfriend, he will start neglecting her.
- When Nazuna Takanashi was little, she saw the abuse endured by Sōta from her sisters and decided to protect her brother. So far, only Izumi is being spared from her discrete machinations against her unsuspecting sisters.
- She looks like a younger version of her mother.
- When Nazuna first explains her brothers "girlfriend" she is mistaken and at first thinks he is a Pedophile.